Monday 4 June 2012

Bursting with anticipation!


So I have this poppy I’ve managed not to kill for I think four years now.  It looks like a bit of a disaster really, and it’s been defended as, “that’s not a weed! more than once to my dandelion pulling husband.  It’s just about to hit it’s moment.  I have  nine buds that have been getting fatter and fatter for days and I keep sticking my head out the door to catch them pop – literally.  I tried to take a picture of my rain battered garden to share with you today and frankly all the poppy buds looked a little um bulging….

019

While blowing bubbles in the light rain we also stop to smell the flowers

025

Averleigh requested purple flowers before I went annual shopping so I did my best to oblige with some salvia (above and below) and I think that one in the foreground above was called “blue violet”.  I have this silly rule in my garden where I get rid of all the annual tags so I don’t mistake them for perennials.  It’s a flawed system, but I’m committed.

027

Until my poppies burst I’m happy with my smattering of annuals and in particular this big dahlia (“cotton candy” maybe, or something like that)

034

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation